Friday, July 31, 2026

Prayers




I think what I will drop here with these beautiful flowers is the recent story about prayer. Lily and I were on our way out the door to meet up with the Sister Missionaries who are currently teaching a woman who has a daughter Lily's age. As we were leaving Rowan came downstairs panicked because he didn't know where he wallet was. He was planning on spending a little money, and suddenly couldn't find it. Context wise, Rowan is a saver. He has hundreds of dollars saved.. or maybe he is just not a spender, but either way lots of money. He was panicked and in tears, and worried he may have dropped it somewhere. 

I was trying to head out the door, and calmly told him, it's going to be ok, try to really think about it to see where it could be, just stay calm, and I would help him when I returned. Mind you- I know I would be feeling the exact same way he was if I had lost my money. But, of course, trying to not worry him more, and stay positive. I left with Lily and some minutes later Rowan called again still worried, still crying out, and I just reminded him stay calm, retrace his steps, and then asked him if he said a prayer. He told me, no. I getting out of the car to meet up with the missionaries, and I said a little prayer that Rowan would find his wallet. As I opened the car door for Lily and hurriedly checked behind my drivers seat, and lo and behold, there it was. I called Rowan right back and told him I had found it. Now, I think this story is not about "see, all prayers are answered that fast." No. What I got from it was Rowan needed the answer that fast. God, who knows Rowan, knew he needed the answer to relieve his sorrow and concern that quickly. The other thing ended up being that the missionaries were teaching the lesson on this very thing, I was able to share this story that just happened, and then the lady being taught said she had never even thought about praying over something like this. 
Now... what about the prayers I have been saying? The ones I have been saying for years. I guess what I have to trust is that there is timing. Some answers aren't immediate maybe because the timing isn't quite righ yet. I have gotten some strong answers lately, but I still am feeling them little by little. I also do feel like the realness of the answers, and that it will be ok. 
Now, these lovely flowers...and this lovely night. How lucky I am to have these women in my life. They are all so amazing. We picked weeds in my friend Emily's garden and then came home with glorious bouquets. It is an amazing feeling that can come from friendships that see you, feed you, nurture your should...same things with flowers.  


No comments:

Post a Comment